Hello! Still at the desk in the writing house this week. I was able to work through the changes that my editor Michelle sent to me and I completed a first read through of the updated manuscript. The process pointed out a couple of fixes that needed to be made.
After I added my editor’s suggested changes, it was like weeding a garden. I was able to read through a cleaner manuscript and focus on the storyline to make sure that it was developing the way I wanted it to. I renamed a couple of things and reworked some sections that smoothed out the evolution of the story itself. It also helped to clarify my MC’s feelings and added some more depth to his character. I think it may have made him even a little more engaging.
I’ll be spending the rest of this week working on a second read through, maybe make a few more tweaks to it before I send this section back to my editor. Then she will send me another section to work through. Although it is a lot of work, I can see the changes helping it evolve into the story that I imagined; and more. Can’t wait until it is ready to publish and then share it with my readers and followers.